Brentwood School aims to embrace the many benefits of the digital world in the classroom. All pupils and teachers have a personal iPad and as a school we use Google Suite for Education for workflow.
Digital training is absolutely essential in order to ensure that we are making the most of our systems and devices.
Staff training is usually carried out in small groups in the form of elective workshops. External trainers also spend time with individual groups of teachers and departments.
Our training programme also involves TeachMeets, a training website and ample opportunities to link aspects of pedagogy to use of digital devices.
You can find a link to our digital training centre here
Please also find a list of recent training that took place at the school below:
- TeachMeet - opportunity to discuss use of tech in the classroom
- Use of Data
- Technology in the classroom
- Digital Training
- Challenge and Engagement in the classroom
- LD & Assessment grades
- Meeting the needs of all learners
- ASD Awareness
- Making the most of lesson observations
- Effective assessment & marking
- Report writing
- Questioning in the classroom
- Appraisal and supporting colleagues
- Pastoral Care
- Mentor & NQT training
- Behaviour and classroom management
- Using your voice effectively
- What is good evidence? Evidencing each of the teacher standards
- Difficult conversations and communicating with parents