Please contact the Senior School Admissions Department if you did not receive confirmation of receipt of your Scholarship application form.
Late entries for examination and scholarship applications are solely at the discretion of the Brentwood Senior School Headmaster, Mr Ian Davies.
You may apply for a maximum of three Scholarships from:
- Music (evidence of grade 4, preference two instruments)
- Sport (evidence of regional representation required)
Entrance exam results identify Academic Scholars and the award of a Scholarship or Bursary is dependent on your child’s academic performance in the entrance exam.
Scholarship Assessment Dates - January 2018
- Art - Thursday 17th / Friday 25th
- Chess - Saturday 12th / Monday 21st
- Choral - Thursday 10th
- Dance - Wednesday 9th
- Drama - Wednesday 16th / Wednesday 23rd
- Music - Friday 11th / Thursday 24th
- Sport - Tuesday 15th
Entrance Examination Timeline
- September 2018 - Initial Examination information will be emailed to all pupils. Maths and English papers will be available on the website
- Early January 2019 - Final examination details sent to parents
- Saturday 19th January 2019 - Brentwood Senior School entrance examination
- Friday 18th January 2019 - Entrance examination for pupils requiring learning development support
Post Entrance Examination Timeline
- Interview with the Headmaster - Successful Academic Scholarship candidates and their parents are invited. We offer approximately 50% of interview candidates an Academic Scholarship.
- Call back assessment - Successful Scholarship applicants are invited to attend a call back assessment for the following Scholarships: Art, Chess, Drama, Music.
- Supplementary interview - Pupils may be called for an interview to ascertain if they will be able to cope with the academic rigour of the Senior School if they did not perform particularly well in the entrance examination. Subsequent to this interview, a place could be offered and conditions might apply.
- Week commencing Monday 11th February 2019 - Offer letters sent and will include details of any awards if applicable.
- Week commencing Monday 11th February - Friday 8th March 2019 - Parents are required to formally accept an offer and return the relevant paperwork.