The boarding house spaces are allocated on a first come, first served basis and the houses are usually full by March for admission the following September. If you wish to apply for a boarding place for your child please follow the steps outlined below:
- Send a copy of your son or daughter’s latest school report and grades, together with a personal statement to the Headmaster for his consideration. For international EAL students please see the EAL entry requirements by clicking here.
- If the Headmaster wishes to proceed, and there is space in the boarding house, you will be invited to formally register your son or daughter with us by completing the online registration. The registration fee is £100.
- Once registered, your son or daughter will be required to complete our entrance examination and assessment. If he or she is unable to visit the School, we can send the papers to their current school or to the agent introducing your son or daughter, who will administer the exam on our behalf under exam conditions. Candidates may also be interviewed via Skype. If you are able to visit the School with your son or daughter then we will arrange a mutually convenient time for the interviewing, testing and touring of the School and boarding facilities to take place. A reference and confirmation of grades will be requested from your son or daughter’s current school.
- When the results of the examination, assessment, interview and references are available, the Headmaster will be able to consider making a formal offer of a boarding place.
- If a formal offer is made, we will send you an Acceptance form to complete and return with the Acceptance Deposit within the required deadline. Once we have received your form and deposit we will confirm the boarding place at the School.
Hough Housemaster and Housemistress, Mr & Mrs Rees, with boarders
Please note that the School is a Tier 4 Highly Trusted Sponsor and will provide the necessary support and documentation for visa application, should this be required.
The boarding housemasters/mistresses provide full admission information to all those joining well in advance of the September start date.
For further information about Admissions to the boarding houses, please contact:
Middleton Hall Lane,
Telephone +44 (0)1277 243231