There are various controls to help parents and carers keep your children safe online.
- Set up home broadband parental controls and make use of controls on your home broadband
- Make sure every device is protected. Controls should be installed on every device your child uses
- Use privacy settings. Activate the safety measures offered by different sites; social networking sites like Facebook have privacy settings that will help prevent your child seeing unsuitable advertising or sharing too much with other people
- Block pop-ups
- By talking to your child about their interests you can help them find suitable sites to visit and apps to use
- Review these sites as they get older
- Manage their use and access