- Parents should not attempt to make the journey to School if road conditions are dangerous. This ensures the complete safety of your children.
- Please avoid telephoning the School directly so that lines can be kept free for everyday outgoing calls.
- At the first sign of a heavy snowfall making the journey to or from School dangerous, the School will post details of the school closure on the School website and contact local radio stations to alert them to the fact that the School will be closed and pupils should not attend or that the School will close early and parents should collect pupils at the appointed time.
- In such circumstances, the decision to remain open or closed will also be texted to all mobile phone numbers listed on our database as priority contact details. This will be via our ‘Schoolcomms' system.
- The following stations will be informed :
BBC Essex (103.5 FM and 95.3 FM) - website: www.bbc.co.uk/essex
Heart Essex (93.6 FM and 102.6 FM) - website: www.heart.co.uk/essex
- If the bad weather continues, every effort will be made to keep the School running to a normal working routine but coaches may leave School early before darkness sets in.
- Parents may collect children early from school but should inform the school if this happens.
- Senior School pupils will be encouraged to use mobile telephones to contact their parents to keep them informed. Telephones will be made available for all pupils on request.
- Notices will be placed around the School and every effort will be made to contact parents about special arrangements such as the cancelling of after School clubs etc. These details will also be posted on the School website.
- In the most extreme conditions, parents can be assured that their children will remain in warm, safe and dry conditions until the situation improves.
- The same arrangements apply to the entire School (Pre-Preparatory, Preparatory, Senior School and Sixth Form) so that there is consistency for siblings within the School.