What is this subject?
Global Perspectives is an innovative and stimulating skills-based programme that uses the world around us to explore current issues and develop vital skills. It provides you with the opportunity to explore the perspectives of cultures, both familiar and unfamiliar, from your own personal opinion to the opinions of children on the other side of the world, all whilst developing your critical thinking and research skills.
What skills will I develop?
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to research efficiently and effectively
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Ability to present your ideas confidently to others
- Develop open-mindedness and learn to consider issues from other perspectives
- Develop and express own opinions on issues of global importance
- Gain an independent world-view and become a global-thinker
- Learn how to inform others, raise awareness and take action on issues
Areas of subject knowledge explored
Global Perspectives focuses on acquiring and developing skills, rather than on subject knowledge. We will develop skills by investigating the Local, National, and Global perspectives on six main topics. The topics studied are:
- Family and Traditions
- Sport and Health
- Technology and Leisure
- Education and Employment
- Environment and Animals
- Justice and Conflict
These topics can include a wide range and variety of issues, and you will be able to explore each topic in a way that suits your own areas of interest.