Moving to a new school can be overwhelming, applying, organising, not to mention a new uniform! At Brentwood, we aim to make the move as smooth and straightforward as possible, making the transition to Senior School stress-free.
Visit and Apply
- Make an appointment to visit either our annual Open Morning held in June or join us on a Group Tour at 2-3pm during term time. You will meet a member of the Admissions Team. (This is advisable but not essential before the next step.)
- Register your child online, and pay the Registration Fee of £100 (non-returnable). The deadline for registration is 1st November in the previous year.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from the Admissions Team. You will also be notified of the date for the Entrance Examination, held in December.
- The Admissions Department is always available to help answer any queries. If you have any questions about the process, please contact a member of the team here (link to admissions page) who will be happy to help.
Scholarship and Bursary Application
- You may apply for a maximum of three Scholarships from Chess, Dance, Drama, Music (including singing/evidence of grade 4, preference two instruments) and Sport (evidence of regional representation required).
- Entrance exam results identify Academic Scholars and the award of a Scholarship or Bursary is dependent on your child’s academic performance in the entrance exam.
- Scholarship and Bursary application forms will be uploaded to the School’s website at the start of the Michaelmas Term. The deadline for application is 1st November. For more information or to apply for a Scholarship and/or Bursary, please click here.
- Confirmation details of the Scholarship assessment days will be sent out in December.
- The Brentwood Senior School entrance examination will be held on Saturday 2nd December 2023.
We use the ISEB 11+ Common pre-test for Admissions at 11+. The ISEB test is computer-based, which removes the risk of transmission through handling paper copies, and still tests Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. The tests are adaptive and are age-standardised. They are in a multiple-choice format and take about two-and-a-half hours to complete. For more information and resources, please click here.
Successful shortlisted specialist Scholarship candidates are invited to attend an assessment day in January.
- Offer letters will be sent in January. Confirmation of Scholarship and Bursary outcomes will be sent in mid-February.
- Parents are required to formally accept an offer by 3rd March and return the relevant paperwork.
Information regarding fees, including our termly direct debit, monthly payment scheme and other extras can be found on our fees page.
Information about our school uniforms, their pricing, and our school shops opening times is available on the Uniform Page.
School Coaches and Parking
- We operate eight dedicated coach routes at many central destinations across Essex for pupils travelling to and from School. This enables pupils to travel securely from areas not well served by public transport. It is also an opportunity to make friends across year groups and encourages independence.
- For coach routes, timings and further information are available on our School Coaches page.
- You can book your child on one of our bus routes for the full academic year through Kura, the coach provider for Brentwood School's coach routes. Full booking details can be found by visiting our page on Kura's website.
- Our School car park for pick up and drop off is located on Middleton Hall Lane (CM15 8EE). Please use the drop-off lanes to help keep traffic flowing in the car park as there is limited parking.
- Please refrain from arriving too early to pick up pupils. If early arrival is unavoidable, please follow the directions of the car park marshals and avoid blocking access so we can get as many cars as possible off Middleton Hall Lane.
- To avoid the busy pick-up time in our car park, our students can use the Senior School Tuck Shop, open and supervised from 7.30am to 6pm (Mon- Thurs) and 7.30am to 5pm on Friday. Students can catch up with homework in the evening whilst enjoying a light snack.
- An increasing number of families are taking part in ‘car share’ schemes. If the School can facilitate this and help put you in touch with parents who live close to you, please let us know.
- Our Parents Hub page features useful information such as our calendar, term dates and even School lunch menus so you can prep ahead!
- We send School Reports and most letters home via email. We also send text messages to parents regarding important information such as school closures and severe weather open/closure alerts.
- The Headmaster writes and sends his Weekly Blog packed full of information including his highlights of the week, school notices, sports successes and fixtures. As a parent you will automatically receive this email every Friday during term time.
- School news and galleries are available to view on our media page.
- Our Brentwood Learning Community offers you the opportunity to engage in topics relating to the education of your children. These include support sessions with ideas on how to help with revision, learning difficulties and technology. Lectures are also provided by members of staff on specialist topics linked to the Human Universe programme, which give an insight into the holistic education we provide.
Join our PTA – Friends of Brentwood School
- FoBS is a parents and teachers association that helps organise social and fundraising events throughout all parts of the School. If you have a child attending Brentwood, you automatically become a member and can contribute as much as you wish.
- FoBS provides a friendly social point for parents beyond the School gates. Through FoBS, parents can network with other parents, share experiences, make friends and contribute to School life.
- We hold events to suit all tastes and we are happy to receive your suggestions for the future. There are many ways to join in; helping on the committee, organising specific events or even just attending. In the past, there have been Dinners, Fashion Shows, Ladies Race Days, Golf Days and annual events, such as the Winter Ball.
- Friends of Brentwood School is a registered charity that provides and assists in the provision of facilities and equipment for education at the School, not normally provided by the government.