Each year, our students achieve excellent exam results and 2023 is no exception. Right across the board, students continued the trend of individual success and becoming ‘the best version of themselves’.
The School is proud to report that our International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP) 5-year point average is an outstanding 38 points (the equivalent of A*A*A at A Level) making Brentwood School a top 10 UK IB School.
A strong set of A Level results saw 41.4% graded A* or A. Four students were awarded places at Oxford or Cambridge, over 80% of students are going to their first choice destination and over 4/5 of our students will be moving on to a ‘top 20’ university.
The School offers three pathways in the Sixth Form: A Levels, the IB Diploma, and BTEC Extended Diplomas in Sport and Business. These three pathways ensure that students can be placed on the courses to which they are best suited and that will give them the opportunity to flourish at Brentwood and beyond.
In 2023, all BTEC Extended Diploma students achieved the equivalent of AAA or higher at A Level. Our high-achieving BTEC cohort (fourteen in Business, five in Sport) are heading to a range of destinations including Plymouth and Kent to study courses as diverse as Architecture, Politics and International Relations, and Physiotherapy, further illustrating the School’s aim to enable all students to achieve their best possible outcomes.
Excellent GCSE results were achieved by our GCSE students this summer, with 57% of grades being A*- A (9-7), and over 95% of results awarded A*-C (9-4). Two students impressed by achieving 9s/A*s across the board to secure the maximum total of 72 points respectively. Seven students achieved 11 grades 8-9, and a further fourteen achieved 10 grades 8-9.
These statistics represent the dedication and excellence of our teaching staff and the hard work and application of our students, and we are justifiably proud of their achievements.
A few highlights from our 2023 Exam Results
- 57% of GCSE grades A*- A (9-7)
- Over 95% A*-C (9-4) at GCSE
- Two students achieved all 9s, seven students gained 11 grade 8-9,s and 14 achieved 10 grade 8-9s
- 151 students took A Levels at Brentwood
- 41.4% A*-A grades at A Level
- 3/4 of A Level results were graded A*, A or B
- 19 students took BTEC qualifications in last year’s Upper Sixth
- No student achieved less than the equivalent of AAA at A Level
- 9 students achieved the equivalent of A*A*A at A Level
- 17 students took the International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Our 5-year average points total is 38
- Three IB students in the top 4% worldwide